Artsmiths of Pittsburgh is seeking experienced art educators to lead 2022 summer art camps. All summer art camps are for ages 5 – 10 and take place 9am – 12pm, Monday – Friday for seven weeks during the summer months. Camp programs are student-led and process based. Students will experience a wide variety of art materials and processes while discussing historical and contemporary art and learning the guiding principals of visual art.
- Submit lesson plan and supply request that follow camp themes and align with the educational philosophy of Artsmiths
- Arrive 30 minutes before camps begin to set-up and clean-up from camp activities each day
- Create an engaging and safe learning environment for all camp participants
- At least two years art teaching experience with school-aged children
- An understanding and knowledge of art materials and processes
- Act 33/34 and FBI Fingerprint Clearances submitted before the programs begin
Educators can expect to earn between $25 – $50 per instruction hour based on camp enrollment. Instructors are paid using a 1099 contract. Educators also earn discount in the Shop and are eligible for free or reduced camp fees for their eligible children for the weeks they are contracted to teach.
Complete an application below and contact Education Manager, Jena Schieb at email@example.com with any questions.